The Artist is responsible for working with the Art Director/Managers in the laying out, priming, painting, texturing, sculpting, detailing, etc. of all hard scenic items. Ideally the candidate should have creative and artistic skills with an attention to detail. The candidate will be responsible to paint varied surfaces (ex. graining, aging, textures) to match existing or envisioned surfaces and perform layout, theming, and painting of various surfaces. It's important to be able to do and understand the whole process of mould making and to take direction from the Art Director and/or interpretation of conceptual/creative drawings. The candidate is also responsible to perform brush techniques and conventional spraying, fades and blending, documentation of paints and procedures used/applied and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree / Professional Certificate in Fine Arts or any related field
- Minimum three years’ experience in theme park project or equivalent experience
- Experience with thematic/scenic painting, preparation, and finishing
- Experience with carve plaster process
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of painting techniques
- Able to deliver a high level of technical ability and creative artistic skills on sculpting and painting
- Applicants must have a "Fun Maker" attitude, have a friendly can-do positive attitude and have continuous safe and tidy work practices
- Candidates must be punctual, reliable, trustworthy and be able to work both as part of a small team
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and implement design ideas
- Knowledge of epoxy, urethane, and polyester primers is a plus
- Knowledge of GFRC and FRP is a plus
- Familiarity of the automotive paint system including mixing and spraying is a plus.